These popular consumable candies are manufactured in a variety of CBD concentrations, flavors, shapes and colors. Most CBD gummies contain between 5mg and 30mg of CBD, resulting in a smooth interaction with little to no drowsiness.
Hemp-derived CBD gummies that contain less than 0.3% of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are legal in the US at the federal level, though some states have not yet legalized it. It’s important to always check your country or state’s laws prior to engaging in CBD gummy manufacturing.
The Process of Making CBD Gummies
CBD gummy manufacturing begins with CBD extract. This chemical occurs naturally in both hemp and cannabis plants and is carefully extracted and segregated to ensure a quality product. Many other primary ingredients are also used to create CBD gummies, including sugar, fruit flavorings, food dyes and citric acid. But one of the most critical ingredients for creating a good chew is CBD gummy gelatin.
The process of actually making CBD gummies is much the same as manufacturing ordinary gummy candies, with the added step of incorporating CBD extract into your gelatin for CBD gummies.
CBD Gummy Manufacturing Process
Most manufacturers utilize specialized high-tech machinery and equipment to mass-produce CBD gummies. While steps may vary slightly along the way, most manufacturing facilities follow the same process for making CBD gummies.
- Preparation Conduct a thorough inspection of the machinery. Once everything is checked, all the specified ingredients, including your CBD gummy gelatin, are put into the product hopper.
- Compounding. The ingredients are moved into the mixing and melting tank from the hopper. It is in this stage that the different mixers blend, heat and cool the ingredients in order to create a uniform mixture.
- Quality Control. A sample product is taken to the quality control laboratory for testing. The product will be checked for flavor, color sugar levels and other production requirements.
- CBD Gummy Formulation. The system releases the mixture from the mixing tank into the molding machine. It is here that various molds or trays will assist in shaping the CBD gummies.
- Finalization. The molded CBD gummies are moved to the starch buck. It is at this point that the production line will drop the CBD gummies onto the sieve to remove any excess starch. Then, the gummies go through a final inspection to ensure they meet production standards and specifications. Any products with deformities will be removed. Finally, the CBD gummies are packaged for delivery to the market.
Benefits of Using Gelatin in CBD Gummies
CBD gummies offer your customers a fantastic (and delicious) way to consume cannabidiol. And at Custom Collagen, our customized gelatin for CBD gummies provides some incredible benefits for your CBD products. Our CBD gummy gelatin:
- Uses only the finest raw ingredients available.
- Is a clean and natural product that is free of additives and never derived from GMOs
- Is always rigorously tested in our in-house lab to ensure premium quality.
- Provides an exceptional and indefinite shelf life when stored in a cool, dry place.
- Is available in affordable bulk quantities.
- Offers a discreet and better-tasting way to consume CBD oil.
- Subtly releases flavors while delivering a smooth taste sensation.